Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Evangelicals against Bush

Christianity Today reports that evangelical leaders including Franklin Graham and Rick Warren are criticizing the Bush administration's stance on North Korea. They call for open negotiations with North Korea rather than the current emphasis on containment.

How come? I thought evangelicals were supposed to be mindless toadies of the Bush administration. And of course we know that any humanitarian concern religious conservatives may display is a sham, because we're all just hungering for the end of the world.

How is helping the Koreans going to bring in the Apocalypse?

1 comment:

Contarini said...

Thoughtspot,

I was trying to keep my blog alive as well--I didn't have time to post a "thoughtful essay." One of things that has made this blog languish is that I feel like everything I write has to be lengthy and well-thought-out, which is not the nature of blogs and makes for very rare posts!

Belated thanks for your comments. And it was good to speak to you yesterday.